Friday, April 13, 2012

A Little Funning Update


So we need a little update on things around here, because otherwise it would look like I’ve spent the entire month of April frowning and boycotting sexist vodka. In all honesty, we’ve just been really busy! I feel like the wedding is totally sneaking up on us and the impending move is NOT HELPING.
I’ve now put about 50 miles on my Adidas Boston 3’s. I was having some SERIOUS shin splint/ankle pain issues last week and the week before, but I seem to have put them behind me. I had a great run this morning, killing my normal 5k route in 29:52. Anytime I can sink a sub-30 min. 5K before breakfast (or anytime, really), it puts me in an amazing mood for the rest of the day.

Fun Fun Fun!

I also found that the footbed on these shoes is too narrow to accommodate my superfeet insoles, which is probably the root of the ankle pain problem. I got some ridiculous blisters from my attempt at wearing them with the inserts. One of the most annoying side-effects of being a hard core pronator (like me!) is all the ankle issues. Balancing poses in yoga absolutely crush me and building up new balancing muscles while breaking in new shoes is AWFUL. It is so hard to focus when every step feels like your ankles are going to cave in. Icing helps a little, but the pain is right back when you try to run again.
I’m glad I’m feeling better, because this week is week 1 of a new training program! I wrote my own schedule to train for a 10k trail run with my friend Marissa at the beginning of June. There’s a small chance I’ll skip the race in favor of a bachelorette weekend at the beach, but it’s nice to have something to look forward to that is not a giant, stressful, life-changing event. Also, it would be great to bag a 10k before the move. The last one I ran was reduced to a 5k because of heat…

No comments:

Post a Comment